Say Yes to Essential Oils
Healing with Essential Oils Workshop January 12th at 3 p.m. in Sunrise, FL
I'm Ready to Keto into 2020
Download the App & Subscribe
Unlimited in-app coaching for 1 year $59.99
A Low-Carb Lifestyle & Exercise
Are Your Keys To Success
Come to a
Keto Eat & Learn Session
Sample Ketogenic Meals, Snacks, and Treats
while learning the Science behind Keto.
January 11th 2020 - 3 pm in Sunrise, FL
Keto Eat & Learn Sign Up Through EventBrite
Or Click Date Below to Sign Up Through MindBody
Our Featured Success Story - July 2019
- Owned by David Gilmour, the Founder of Fiji Water
- Provides Organic and High-Quality Products
- Detox and cleanses the body, while concurrently while going into Ketosis, with high-impact Ginger and Tumeric from the Fijian island of Wakaya.
- You can read the label, and recognize the natural ingredients
- People's lives are changing for the better; health conditions are improving; they are reducing their medications.
- These shakes are made with the perfect ratio to support ketosis (75%fat, 5% carbs, 20% protein). They Take the guess work out, and prevent making keto-mistakes. They have it down to the Science!
#Keto... It's the new trend?
Or is it?
You're hearing about it everywhere. The "Keto" diet! What's all the rant about? I promise you, it's not a fad.
Well here's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
- The Ketogenic diet, or lifestyle, is one that focuses on consuming foods in a fashion that supports fat-burning metabolism, or frankly put, using fats for energy. This state of fat-burning metabolism is called Ketosis.
Let's face it, we all have some fat that we want to lose. This is exactly why so many are focused on dieting and exercising nowadays. Having too much bodily fat-stores has proven to be detrimental to the body, mind, and spirit in several ways. However, for our discussion, we will focus on the effects of stored-body fat on the body.
Ketosis is a state that is not foreign to the body. In fact, the main reason that we exercise intensely up to 30-45 minutes is so that we can use up all of our carbohydrates stored up in the muscles and push ourselves into "fat-burning" mode aka KETOSIS. Do you Remember this??
- Low carb intake. The ketogenic diet is supported by keeping carbohydrates, or sugar, intake below 5% of total caloric intake per day. A person following this diet makes sure to keep Net carbohydrate intake below 30g per day to sustain ketosis and support fat loss.
- Followers of this diet have been known to lose anywhere from 10lbs to over 100lbs in a short amount of time, if it is followed with discipline. I have personally lost 70lbs + following the ketogenic diet and exercising. I learned how to eat ketogenically by using The Bulafit system for the first 4 months, and the last 4 months of my journey, I did on my own eating solely "keto" while continuing to use potent detoxification products such as turmeric and ginger.
- Fat-loss has been shown to improve overall health and prevents disease progression, such as Diabetes, Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol).
- You will learn to be disciplined; if you eat too many carbohydrates, you will stop ketosis, and FAT-BURNING mode will end right away. This will make you have to wait to achieve ketosis again once you get back onto your regimen.
- Keto-Flu - A series of symptoms resulting from low carb intake, dehydration, and electrolyte loss. It can make you feel like quitting if you are not prepared.
- Constipation - varies in severity and is a very common side effect.
- You will miss some of your favorite foods. Well, thank goodness it's only temporary! Some of my favorite healthy foods that I continue to abstain from are: Bananas, grapes, apples, sweet potato, quinoa, and Mango. You will have to choose: The Food, or Your health?
- Results Vary from person to person.
- Cholesterol Levels have been known to go down or go up, and is all dependent on the individual.
- Blood pressure can go down, but it doesn't mean that you will be able to stop your medications. This varies from person to person. Rather, you will likely be able to reduce dosages, and/or reduce quantity of medications required for blood pressure control
- Constipation and/or Diarrhea is a possible side effect of doing "good ketosis."
Want more? Follow my "Keto Support" instagram page for upcoming Keto support group events, recipes, and learning points.